Myrtle Beach Veterinarians: Small Animal Services
Caring for your small animal is no small feat. The vets at The Pet Doctor can medically perform a wide array of services: blood tests, vaccines, ultrasounds, specialty diets, and more for your pet. Our Myrtle Beach veterinarians are trained experts in providing care to small animals, ensuring they will be well taken care of. We use our professional experiences to treat your pets and get them back to being the carefree and healthy members of your family again.
Why should I vaccinate my Dog or Cat? Some factors to think about:
- Risk of disease (anticipated exposure, environmental factors, geographic factors, age, breed, use,)
- Consequences of the disease (morbidity/mortality, zoonotic potential)
- Cost of immunization (time, labor and vaccine costs) vs. potential cost of disease (time out of competition; impact of movement restrictions imposed in order to control an outbreak of contagious disease; labor and medication if, or when, your pet develop clinical disease and require treatment, or loss of life.)
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- Canine Influenza
- Fecal evaluation
- Heartworm testing
- Parvo testing
- Full laboratory services available
- In-house laboratory available
- Outside laboratory available
- Examination includes evaluation of the oral cavity
- Extensive client education of preventative care of the teeth
- Demonstration and supplies of brushing teeth properly
- Prevention of periodontal disease
- Prevention of halitosis (bad breath)
- Dental cleaning with scaler and polish
- Teeth cleaning kits, diet, treats
- Dental sealants for extending life of dental work
- Ask us about ORAVET
Robert Grissom Pkwy, Unit 1
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Traveling Ultrasonographer (Dr. Ray Lazenby) with training in endoscopy
- Dr. Fotorny trained and experienced
- Non-surgical procedure
- Remove foreign objects
- Internal view of stomach, small intestine, large intestine
- We offer light sedation, full anesthesia, and local anesthesia for procedures
- Pain management
- Post-surgical care and instruction
- Emergency surgery
- Tumor/mass removal
- Bladder stone removal
- Laceration repairs
- Foreign body removal, gastrotomy and enterotomy
- And many others, please call with questions about procedures
- Your pet is considered mature at the age of 7 years
- Internal and external changes are happening more quickly
- Changes such as:
- And many others…
- Changes such as:
- Recommendations can be made to give comfortable longevity to your pet
- Joint supplements
- Therapy treatments
- Blood work screening
We offer full service grooming & spa options for your pet. To learn more or to view our pricing, visit our Grooming page.
- Your animal will receive instant relief of pain, inflammation and swelling associated with soft tissue injuries, trauma, surgery and chronic everyday disorders.
- The Class IV laser delivers a large amount of light energy into the animal’s body. When it interacts with damaged cells, healing is accelerated and pain virtually eliminated.
- This advanced technology offers drug-free, surgery-free, pain-free relief
- A great adjunctive therapy for arthritis.
- Dog and cat microchipping is a simple procedure.
- A veterinarian simply injects a microchip for pets, about the size of a grain of rice (12mm), beneath the surface of your pets skin between the shoulder blades.
- The process is similar to a routine shot, takes only a few seconds, and your pet will not react any more than he would to a vaccination.
- No anesthetic is required.
- A HomeAgain microchip is permanent pet ID.
- The microchip itself has no internal energy source, so it will last the life of your pet.
- It is read by passing a microchip scanner over the pets shoulder blades.
- The scanner emits a low radio frequency that provides the power necessary to transmit the microchips unique cat or dog ID code and positively identify the pet.
- HomeAgain is the only dog & cat microchipping product on the market today that has the Bio-Bond patented anti-migration feature to help ensure that the microchip will stay in place so that it may be easily located and scanned.
- If your pet gets lost and is taken to an animal shelter or veterinarian, they will scan the microchip to read its unique dog or cat ID code.
- This is the number used by HomeAgain to identify the pet and retrieve your contact information, which is used to contact you and reunite you with your pet.Courtesy of www.homeagain.com
- Dietary recommendations to ensure that your dog or cat is receiving the right balance of nutrition for his/her lifestyle
- Science Diet, Purina, Royal Canin are just a few of the lines of food supported by The Pet Doctor
- Specialties include but not exclusive to;
- GI tract
- Weight management
- Joint supplementing
- Young, Geriatric
- CO2 Class IV Laser
- Decrease bleeding of the incision site
- Shorter healing time of the incision site
- Shorter time under anesthesia for tumor/mass removals and declaws
When it’s time to say goodbye to your pet, we will help you through the process. At the Pet Doctor, we work with the Good Shepherd Pet Services. If you need cremation or memorial services, please give us a call for more information & prices for basic services.
Visit Good Shepherd Pet to view an array of memorial items you may be interested in for your pet.
- Help prolong the life span of your pet.
- Protect against parasites such as:
- Round worms
- Most preventatives can be administered topically, orally, or by injection.
- Heartworm preventatives require an examination by your veterinarian every year.
- Ask your veterinarian or technician for the best preventative for your pet’s lifestyle.
- Give as 3-D view of the internal organs for better diagnosis
- Traveling Ultrsonographer (Dr. Ray Lazenby) with years of experience
- Annual physical examinations for puppies, kitties and adults
- Client education
- Behavior training and modification
- Nutritional recommendations for age and lifestyle
- Dietary supplements
- Blood work
- Dental prophylaxis
- We can answer breed specific questions
- We are not afraid of any question and will research any question we cannot answer
- We accept Visa/Mastercard/Discover/American Express/Cash/Care Credit
- We do not accept checks**
Ask Us About Multi-Pet Discounts!